is another popular mountain among climbers. It is situated 19.7 km away from the Badulla district in the Uva Province. Narangala Mountain is very popular among the climbers and it rises to over 1500 m (1527 m). There are two entrances to Narangala mountain, Keenakale side and Tangamale Devalaya side. The Keenakale side is generally very popular with climbers.
The Narangala mountain with golden grass is known as the second highest peak in the Uva Province. It is second only to Namunukula mountain. Narangala mountain is also known as the "Golden Mountain" among Tamils. Because of its sharp rectangular peaks. From a distance it looks like a very attractive sight. As you climb Narangala Mountain, you can see the greenery scenes of these areas and the beauty of the surrounding hills.
With the morning sunrise you can see some very spectacular views Nayabadda Madolsima area
, Poonagala area
, Idalgashinna Haputale plateau
, Namanukula mountain range
and Horton plain Randenigala reserve
on the other side.
Go to the top of the mountain, reducing the plasticity as much as you can. Remember that it is your duty to love the environment and bring back all the garbage you carry.
How to reach:
The closest city to this place is Badulla. This place is located about 19.7 km from the town of Badulla.
- Badulla town to Narangala Mountain - 9.9 Km (30 min )
- Ella town to Narangala Mountain - 28.5 km (1 hour 3 minutes)
43min (Badulla town to Narangala Mountain)
Badulla --> Hali ela --> Kandegedara --> Keenakele --> Thangamale watta --> Return back on the same route
1 h 30 min Maximum
Best time to visit:
- Sun vacation
January until september and december
Things to wear to climb Narangala Mountain:
- Average temperature in March: 31C
- Average temperature in January: 28C
Things to take to climb Narangala Mountain:
- Warm clothing
- Hiking boots with a good grip
- Bug repellant
- Water bottle
- Energy bars
- Address: Narangala Mountain, Badulla, Sri Lanka
- Contact Number :
- Tent Renting : 0764741885
- Food arrangements : 0716951202
Request: Do not leave behind plastic / glass / paper / food at the Narangala Mountain and please be sure to bring back everything you take. If you see any trash thrown around, could you take a few minutes to clean it up. Please help keep the place cleaner than when you got there!
- Don't disturb wild life
- If the road to the top of the mountain is difficult to find, consult the local residents
- The turpentine leaves on the road are very slippery
- Parking Available
- Be careful because of the high winds on the hill
- Take as much water and food as you need
- Wear appropriate clothing and shoes for mountaineering
- Not suitable for climbing during rain and thunder storms Use proper footwear