Lanka Ella Waterfall is located in the Kalupahana area in the Badulla District of the Uva Province. The height is about 32 meters. It is located at a distance of about 1 km from Bambarakanda waterfall. This path to the waterfall is home to many endemic bird species.
Many people believe that this waterfall is named as Lanka Ella Waterfall because it is similar in shape to Sri Lanka.
How to reach:
From Colombo - Beragala A4 road and from Kalupahana to Udaweriya tea estate It takes about 4 km to reach the waterfall. Although some parts of the road are a bit dilapidated, it is possible to reach here by any vehicle.
The famous "Devil's Stairs" is one of the most popular tourist attractions along this route.
1 hr 7 min (25.3 km) - Haputale town to Lanka Ella Waterfall
Kalupahana - Ohiya Rd , Badulla District.
Best time to visit:
- Nature Trails
- Visit Bambarakanda Falls : March to May
- Hiking Season : April to September
- Not suitable for bathing
- Below the waterfall is a rock pool which is very deep
- Cannot travel by vehicles
- Near the entrance to the waterfall path, several vehicles can be parked
- The path is well maintained
- You will need to purchase a ticket to enter
- This is also the place where you can reach Babarakanda Falls, another beautiful waterfall