Sri Pada / Adam's Peak is located in the Ratnapura District of the Sabaragamuwa Province of Sri Lanka, it is the most sacred peak in the world. Thousands of devotees climb this mountain once a year to worship the Lord Buddha.
The pilgrimage season at Adam's Peak:
April to December
The ancients believed that people did not worship during the off-season and that the off-season was dedicated to gods and animals. This off-season is a time of heavy rainfall, heavy fog as well as strong winds.
During this time, the water and electricity supply to the Siripa courtyard and passageways are cut off, making it a bit difficult to please Siripa during the off season.
Routes for Siripa Karuna:
- Hatton Nallathanni Road.
- Ratnapura Palabaddala Road or Raja Mawatha.
- Kuruwita Erathna Road
- Upper Maliboda road
- Dehana Kanda Mukkuwatta Road
- Marewatta Sandagalatenna Road
- Please remember that it is the duty and responsibility of all of us to please come to Sri Pada Padma in a manner that protects the sanctity of Sri Padasthana.
- As the Siripa site is associated with the Butterfly Reserve, be sure to behave in a manner that does not cause any harm to the ecosystem associated with the reserve.