This Elephant Rock is another great place to visit if you are visiting Arugam Bay. It is also an extremely popular surfing spot. This place is not crowded due to lack of road facilities.
It takes about 20 minutes to reach Elephant Rock from Arugam Bay
Surrounded by a small mangrove forest, there is a beautiful lagoon with dark mangroves at the back end of the Elephant Rock. It has some breathtaking views.
The recommended mode of transport to get to this area is Tuktuk and a scooter is also convenient.
Always remember to go with the locals or some other group as there are active crocodiles in the rivers along the way while visiting Elephant Rock.
How to reach :
This place is located about 3 km from the town of Arugam Bay.
Traveling Time :
15 min by tuk-tuk or Jeep
Special Remark :
- Residents say swimming in the lagoon is dangerous
- Ithaa is a beautiful area suitable for surfing along the coast
- You can watch the amazing sunset
- Great place for a long walk
- The waves have soft waves in the range of 2 feet to 6 feet
- You can see elephants roaming in the morning or evening
- A popular surfing destination for beginners to surfing