Panama Tank (Crocodile Point)
As the Panama Tank (Crocodile Point) moves about 12 kilometers south of Arugam Bay, you will come across a coastal village called Panama. This is also known as Crocodile Point. It is located at a distance of 4 km from Pottuvil town. The journey from Arugam Bay to Panama Tank (Crocodile Point) is very easy. It takes about 20 minutes.
To get to Crocodile Point you have to traverse the sea and forests through the villages. Once you get there you will realize that the name Crocodile Point is very apt. Because there are dozens of deadly predators roaming here. Only old fossils remain. They provide an interesting viewing experience.
If you are looking for one of the largest crocodile habitats in the world, Panama Tank (Crocodile Point) in Sri Lanka is a great place.
How to reach :
This place is located about 15.8 km Arugam Bay.
Famous for :
Special Remark :
- Bird watching
- Crocodile spotting
- Admiring nature will refresh your senses
- Casual & comfortable but carry along a pair of sunglasses and a hat
It is located 100 meters south of Arugam Bay. This place can also be described as a very good place to play Siff. The sea waves in the area is generally about 400 meters, making it an ideal place for beginners to play Suff. Although not as crowded as Arugam Bay beach, it is a beautiful beach.
From Arugam Bay to Panama, turn left at Kudakalliya Road, about two miles [2 km] away. A ten minute walk south through the lagoon will take you to this place.
The best time to play this surf is from July to August, when the season begins in May and ends in September.
A foreigner was killed in a Kibbutz attack at this place a few years ago, so follow the instructions given in the tour and make your trip a better one
How to reach :
This place is located about 3 Km south of Arugam Bay and 2 Km from the Arugam point.
- Crocodile Rock is a place that is not usually crowded
- There is no proper shelter around the crocodile rock
- Wild elephants and bears roam the area, and although dangerous, they are often not harmed
- If you travel here, travel only in the morning and during the day. Avoid going here in the evening
- Areas with crocodiles have warning signs
- Be on the lookout for crocodiles as they tend to attack
- This is not recommended during the day as there is no shade in the area