Pigeon Island is one of the fascinadoras tourist destinations on the east coast. Pigeon Island, which belongs to the Trincomalee District of the Eastern Province, covers an area of 471,429 hectares. The main reason for naming this as Pigeon Island is because it is home to ten pigeon kings.
A boat ride is required to reach this place.
Best time to visit:
July to September ( It is easier to dive and view the corals as the roughness of the sea subsides during this time)
58 min (21.7 km) Trincomalee to Pigeon Island National Park
- Viewing of rare species of sea creatures
- It is also possible to observe turtles of different colors and shapes.
- To see the colorful fish species
- For whale watching
- This is the best place to see sea creatures
From Nilaveli you have to take a 4km boat to pigeon island. Know these before you go
- 8.30 am pigeon island is open to the public
- Tickets must be purchased at the Nilaveli counter before departure.
- Rs 2000 for a boat
- Guide takes Rs 1500
- You can snorkeling for 2 hours