Hurulu Eco Park in the North Central Province of Sri Lanka covers 25,000 hectares north of Habarana. The park is a pioneer in providing temporary shelter for herds of elephants passing through the Mineria and Kaudalla National Parks. Hurulu Echo Perk belongs to the dry evergreen forests of the arid zone of Sri Lanka.
Best time to visit in year:
July to September
Is about 27.3C
Annual Rainfall :
Open hours :
6.00am to 6.00pm
Contact details :
077 494 0760
Things you should not do in a park:
- Get off the vehicle and walk freely in the park except in a designated place
- Speeding, honking horns, blocking wildlife tracks and obstructing wildlife
- Playing musical instruments, turning on the radio
- Put anything in the garden such as food packaging, wrapping, etc
- Transfer of plants, animals or parts of the park to the copy
- Arrive at the park with pets, plants or meat
- Staying in the park beyond the allotted time
- Drinking or carrying alcohol
- Driving off-road
- Put flammable materials, such as polythene and plastic, in the garden
- Behaving indecently.
Give your support to protect the parks without contributing to such illegal activities. If you ever visit Hurulu Eco Park, keep in mind the beauty of this great forest and how to avoid harming its wildlife.